Berlin Raceway Charitable Donation Guidelines
1. All donation requests must be made in writing on your organization’s letterhead. Each request must include the following information:
Name, date, and description of the event
Organization that will benefit from the event
Description of the organization
Contact person, mailing address and phone number.
501(c) tax ID number
2. Due to the high volume of Donation Requests that we receive, all requests must be received by Berlin Raceway at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
3. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Priority will be given to non-profit organizations that benefit children.
-Recognition of Berlin Raceway contribution at the event is appreciated whenever possible, but not necessary.
-Employee picnics, company outings, recognition parties, and church mission trips do not qualify for donations. These organizations may purchase merchandise from the Berlin Raceway Souvenir trailer and may be eligible for quantity discounts.
-Local organizations will be given priority.
-In general, events that benefit a single individual will not be considered because of our desire to maximize our impact on the community.
4. All donations will be in the form of merchandise, memorabilia or tickets.
5. You will receive written notification of the status of your donation request within two weeks of the event.
6. The Berlin Raceway expects the receiving organization to pick up donations at the Berlin Raceway Offices unless special circumstances apply. In these cases, the donation will be mailed to the address indicated on the donation request letter.
7. An organization may receive only one donation from Berlin Raceway per year. Please keep this in mind when soliciting a donation. Contact Berlin Raceway for the event at which our assistance would be the most beneficial to your organization.
8. All donation requests that follow the above critera must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org Faxed or mailed submissions will not be accepted.